Wednesday 11 December 2013

My Digipak and Magazine Advertisement Templates

The above picture is of the digipak template I have designed to use. I used this style particularly because it's simple and it is a style which is very commonly used, which I want my audience to notice as it isn't overly fussy. To make it into a digipak, I included a slot for a lyric booklet to go in. This will make the digipak feel more personal towards my audience which is my intention as the song used is personal and emotional. My plan is to use my own images of nature and leaves on each side of the digipak but on the front cover the image used will be of the artist. This is so that my target audience will have a visual idea of who he is and it will make it easier to remember. The colours I'm wishing to use for my digipak are warm, autumnal colours to represent the genre of my artist (indie/acoustic).

This is my magazine advertisement template to advertise my digipak. My intention is to have the central image to be the same as the front cover of my digipak so it creates an identity and it is easy to recognise, similarly to the style of Florence and the Machine's album Lungs and the magazine advertisement for it. I've also taken inspiration from the magazine advertisement for Lungs for my layout as it's easy to follow and the most important things like the artist's name and the album name are in a bigger font than the rest of the words. This makes it easier to remember. The colours I'm using for my magazine advertisement are black and white, to make it contrast and stand out for the target audience. The image used will be of warmer colours as it will be the same image used for the front cover of my digipak, this will create a bigger contrast against the black and white and will draw attention from the reader to look at it.

1 comment:

  1. This will be very useful when you begin to create your actual products.

    - Make sure there are clear links between both products, particularly the themes of the images and fonts you will be using.

    ReplyDelete