Thursday 12 December 2013

Replica Magazine Advertisement

 

This is my version of Florence and the Machine's magazine advertisement. I used paint to edit my version of the magazine advertisement as I have not yet gained the skills on photoshop to develop my final product. I took noice of the artist name being at the top of the advertisement as that's where the reader's eye is drawn to first. I also took note of how the album name has a border aroud it and is typed in a larger font so that it sticks in the reader's memory. As a passive audience will be the ones seeing my magazine advertisement I want to make it seem as appealing as possible, especially if they've never heard Erick Baker before. So to do this, I used a warm image as Florence and the Machine have done on their magazine advertisement. I think the contrast of the warm images against the black background and white font draws my target audience in as it shows that the artist's type of music is indepth and organic. I also included the date of release, as in my opinion it's one of the most important features on the magazine advertisement, especially since the release date are the only numbers shown on the advertisement it will stick in the audience's mind. I slightly changed the features shown towards the bottom of the advertisement as I feel that having critics reviews are more important than showing the songs included, as you could find those things out online. I also thought including "Available on iTunes" would be more appealing to a more modern and younger audience rather than mentioning releases on Vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment