Thursday 14 November 2013

Analysing Digipak Magazine Advertisements




This is an advertisement for Florence and the Machine's album. This has an image of Florence which is made to look like a drawing as the background and the lower half of her body. This picture makes you think that the songs are all fantasy based. Also, the image used is also the album cover, which gives an identity so that the audience know what they're looking for when they want to buy it. They have the name of the band at the top of the magazine advertisement, and the name of the album 'Lungs' underneath the picture. The picture is mounted on a black background and all the writing is done in white, the reason for this is so that the text contrasts with the backround, making it stand out to the audience. This gives me some ideas for my own digipak advertisement: making clear links between the digipak and advertisement. Also having the date of when it is released in store is a good idea, but I think in my own advertisement I'll make it stand out more, maybe in a bigger font.



What I really love about this magazine advertisement is the rustic, vintage feel about it. This reinforces Marina & The Diamonds music genre of pop and the running theme throughout all of her music, this creates a very strong identity/star image for her. The font used has a personal feel about it as it looks like someone's handwriting, which will appeal to the target audience as they will feel it is more relatable. There is a running colour scheme used throughout this advertisements of dull pinks and neutrals, this shows to me that Marina is creating the image that she's been around for a long while and she's going to stay around and she doesn't need to revamp her style to modern times because she's successful as she is. I love this magazine advertisement, and I might adopt the vintage feel of it to my own magazine advertisement and digipak. I also love the font type as well.

1 comment:

  1. Contrasting images to use when exploring advertising and you have commented with your ideas.

    - Some grammar issues that need correcting.
    - How will this research impact on your own product?

    ReplyDelete