Monday 21 April 2014

Question 2: Evaluation

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary tasks?


One of the main ways I linked all three of my media products was through my target audience. Once I had done my research through Survey Monkey, audience feedback booklets on my pitches etc I had a rough idea of what my target audience expected from the indie genre. This meant that I could use these techniques through all three of my products.

The first feature I wanted running throughout all three of my media products was the theme of nature. The reason I wanted this was because all of the indie artists I had looked at such as Ben Howard and Lewis Watson had earthy and authentic settings to their products. In order to adapt this, I used the same setting for my music video for my digipak and magazine advertisement, but through using PhotoShop I used an effect in the form of a colour alteration filter to warm the tone of colour to make it more appealing for my audience. I felt that using the same setting of my music video for my ancillary products created an image branding, which means it can be easily recognised by my target audience.

I also used the same font for both my digipak and magazine advertisement, to create a sense of identity for the artist as part of the 'Star Image' theory and so it again makes it more recognisable in shops for my target audience. My intention was so the repeated images and font types don't only make the artist more noticable, but the products themselves in relation to the artist.

Were the products effective?

  • My target audience feedback indicated that the products were well linked which was my main intention. I'm glad that this was the case, as if the links weren't clear between all three products, the music probably wouldn't be as well recognised because our chosen artist is a indie singer, as opposed to a very popular mainstream artist.
  • My products also made it clear that my genre was indie, due to the naturalistic theme of each product.


No comments:

Post a Comment