Monday 21 April 2014

Question 4: Evaluation

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

The school computers were our most commonly used media technology throughout the whole course of the year. This was because they contained the software we needed in order to edit our music video and ancillary tasks.

We used Adobe Premiere Elements 8 to edit our music video. This was mostly because it was reasonably fast, it was easy to get on and use straight away considering we hadn't edited music videos before, and it also meant that we could cut, edit and add different visual or technical features if need be. As my partner was more experienced and technical with the software she did the majority of the editing as I directed and had my input throughout the piece. It also made it a lot easier for the both of us to have each other's opinions and thoughts throughout the editing process, as we both knew how we'd like our finishing result to be.

The school computers also had PhotoShop installed. This program allowed me to create the design of my digipak and magazine advertisement in their entirety due to the different features on the software. The only con about PhotoShop was that if I wanted to use it at home I would've had to pay for it, so I was only able to use school hours to complete my ancillary tasks. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed using PhotoShop as it meant that I could experiment with lots of different tools available to me on the software. The ones I enjoyed using the most were the different filters I could have on my pictures, which made them look as though they were painted on or made them look like they had a more rustic feel to them. I loved this as it reinforced the creativity and authenticity of my genre, it also created a sense of vintage and rustic style, which I personally really liked as it reminded me of the artwork on Florence & the Machines album cover for Lungs.

Our video cameras we used were the Canon 500d and the Canon 1100d. These are both Alysia and my personal DSLR cameras and we found that they worked perfectly for our photos for the ancillary tasks and the filming of the music video. We used the Canon 500d for the filming of the music video, as it had a flip screen so the actors could see whether they were in the correct position in the frame, and it also had a better focus and a clearer picture as opposed to my Canon 1100d which we used for filming the behind the scenes videos. 

The biggest parts of my research and planning were mainly based on Google, Blogger itself, SlideShare, SoundCloud, Youtube and Tumblr. This is because I could upload my work straight away without any loss of paperwork and because the internet creates such an easy and quick way to research and find artists and products to analyse and compare to your own work. These websites also helped when it came to find target audience feedback due to the quick and easy method of just uploading work or feedback onto my blog from other websites. Tumblr helped so much when it came to finding pictures for our moodboard for the magazine advertisement, because there is so much contemporary, modern photography on Tumblr that truly inspired us and how we wanted our work to look like when completed. It also helped that Tumblr is used by our target audience age range.

No comments:

Post a Comment